Moving is an important event in everyone’s life. Whether you’re moving into a new house across town, or relocating for business, a move is an exciting time to plan a fresh start for you and your family.
But for some, local and long distance moves can be an overwhelming experience. Avoid the stress that moving can bring by planning ahead. Developing a moving day game plan is guaranteed to save you time and frustration, no matter how far you travel.
As you prepare for moving day, check out these six tips for organizing a stress-free move:
- Documentation: Keep all important documents in one file. These should include employment papers, rent, bank, credit, contracts, and your family’s medical records. If you’re moving to a new town or relocating out of state, use the same file to hold all of your personal traveling documents, such as tickets, itineraries, and passports. You’ll feel relieved that your documents are safe in one place come moving day.
- Packing Supplies: The right packing tools are essential for moves both large and small. Be sure to stock up on packaging tape, cardboard boxes, packing paper, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts. Almost in every move people tend to underestimate the amount of things they own. Consider purchasing plastic storage bins and other shipping containers for your movers to stack in the moving truck.
- Medication: Don’t forget to pack medication and other medical necessities for you and your family. Make sure you don’t pack any expired medicine. Prepare an emergency kit with everything you or your family members may need on moving day. This goes for family pets, too!
- Consider the Children: Plan ahead by packing your kid’s favorite toys, games, and snacks before moving day. It’s important to pack for your pets, as well. Remember to consider their needs and pack their bowls for food and water, especially for a long distance move.
- Tidy Up: Prepare your home before you leave. You’ll need cleaning supplies to help put your house or apartment in order, bags for the trash, and cleaning equipment like a vacuum cleaner, broom, or mop.
- Food and Drinks: Remember to pack food and drinks before you hit the road, especially if you’re traveling long distance. Don’t forget napkins and cutlery!
Local and Long Distance Moving in Palm Beach County, FL
If you’re looking for a quality moving company in Palm Beach, Meehan’s Family Moving is here to help.
Whether you need assistance for a local move, or need an extra hand with relocating long distance, our moving specialists will work with you to create a custom moving plan specifically for the unique needs of you and your loved ones.
We know that moving isn’t always one-man job. As third generation moving specialists, Meehan’s Family Moving will go the extra mile to ensure that all of your family’s needs are met, and aim above and beyond customer expectations.
We offer flexible moving services at fair prices. Call Meehan’s Family Moving today and receive a FREE estimate on your next local, long distance, or commercial move.
From full packing services to safe and reliable transportation, Meehan’s Family Moving has it all. Contact the Meehan’s Family Moving Team today! For more information, call: (561) 904-6000.