Are you considering retiring in beautiful Boca Raton, FL? Located on Florida’s southeast coast, Boca Raton is often
considered an ultimate retirement destination thanks to its low crime, beach lifestyle, and great amenities. Unlike many
Florida cities, it’s also more peaceful with beaches, museums, and parks that aren’t packed with tourists.
If you’re ready to retire in style and comfort, 55+ communities in Boca Raton offer the ideal combination of
entertainment and recreation. Here are some of the best Boca Raton retirement communities and age-restricted
communities to put on your list.
What Is a 55+ Community?
55 plus communities go by many names including active adult communities and retirement communities. These
communities are designed for adults who are 55 and older and many have age restrictions. With age
restrictions, at least one person in the household must be at least 55 years old. Over 55 communities in Boca Raton may
be condo or apartment developments with coordinated activities, amenities, and sometimes assisted living and memory care
as an option. These communities can also be HOAs where residents buy their own home with age restrictions in place.
Benefits of Living in a 55 Plus Community
Will you like living in one of Boca Raton’s 55 and older communities? There’s a lot to love! Here are some of the
benefits of retirement communities in Florida to consider.
- Maintenance-free lifestyle
- Sense of community
- Easier to socialize and make friends with other residents of a similar age
- Day-to-day worries may be taken care of such as housekeeping and meal preparation
- Planned events and activities make it easy to stay active, make friends, and enjoy hobbies
- On-site amenities offer a relaxed lifestyle and may include heated pools, game courts, walking paths, on-site
beauty salons, fitness centers, and even fishing ponds
- Most 55+ communities are located close to medical facilities, restaurants, shopping, and attractions
Century Village Boca Raton – One of the Largest Active Adult Communities in Boca Raton
Are you looking for 55 and older communities in Boca Raton where you can enjoy life to its fullest? Century Village Boca
Raton is one of the area’s largest and most active communities for older adults. Century Village is actually
more like a small city than a typical retirement community with 16 neighborhood associations and more than
700 acres. This large gated retirement community has more than 5,700 condos in 105 residential buildings!
You’ll enjoy the best resort-style amenities Boca Raton has to offer. There are 17 swimming pools in Century
Village plus a 125,000-square-foot clubhouse and a 1,250-seat theater. Take lifelong learning classes, join
special interest clubs, and stay active with an activity-packed calendar, tennis, bocce, fishing, shuffleboard, BBQ
grills, billiards, and even a putting green – all within the gates! There’s even a fishing pound, an art studio, and a
ceramics studio for residents.
- Address: Century Village at Boca Raton, 19296 Lyons Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33434
- Website: http://www.centuryvillage-bocaraton.com/
- Phone: (561) 451-1211
- Amenities: 125,000-sq-ft clubhouse, theater, 17 swimming pools, pickleball, shuffleboard, tennis, bocce,
fishing, art and ceramics studios, billiards, putting green, BBQ area, library, fitness center, party room,
synagogues, lifelong learning classes, recreational clubs,
- Housing: One and two-bedroom condos in three and four-story buildings
- Pricing: Condos for sale ranging $75,000 to $250,000 from plus HOA fees (usually around $500/month)
Boca Flores – New Boca Raton 55 Plus Community with Condos and 2-Story Carriage Homes
Boca Flores is one of the newest 55 plus communities in Boca Raton with 120 carriage homes and villas designed for
maintenance-free senior living. While the community sold out and only resale homes are available, it’s worth keeping
Boca Flores on your list.
Residents enjoy social membership at Boca Lago Country Club plus maintenance-free living with villas (attached homes)
and two-story carriage homes. The Carriage Series homes range from 1,952 to 2,530 square feet with two or three bedrooms
and attached garages. The attached homes in the Villa Series offer 1,542 square feet of space with two or three
- Address: Boca Flores by Pulte Homes, 9114 Passiflora Wy, Boca Raton, FL 33428
- Website: https://www.pulte.com/
- Phone: (561) 530-2255
- Amenities: Social membership at Boca Lago Country Club, pool and cabana, maintenance-free living, minutes from
the Town Center at Boca
- Housing: 2- or 3-bedroom villas and condos for sale; homes for lease also available
- Pricing: Homes range from $400,000 to $550,000 plus HOA fees (usually $400-$500/month)
St. Andrews Estates – One of the Top-Rated Boca Raton 55+ Retirement Communities with Continuing Care
St. Andrews Estates is an Acts Retirement-Life Communities (Acts) village locally centrally off St. Andrews Boulevard.
It’s one of the premier Boca Raton 55 plus communities thanks to its lush 80-acre tropical grounds with water features
and a resort-like setting.
You’ll be just six miles from the beach and have all the amenities and activities you could want at your fingertips.
This gated retirement community offers a putting green, horseshoe courts, several outdoor pools, a fishing lake, and much more. They even offer transportation, scheduled activities, chef-prepared meals, and coordinated
As a continuing care retirement community in Boca Raton, you can rest easy knowing you can age in place
with assisted living, skilled nursing care, and primary care available should you need them.
- Address: St. Andrews Estates, 6045 Verde Trail S, Boca Raton, FL 33433
- Phone: (561) 299-5433
- Amenities: Near the beach, guest apartments, pet friendly, fishing lake, putting green with golf carts,
housekeeping, free Wi-Fi, full-time activities coordinators, formal and casual dining, two libraries, game and
craft rooms, three outdoor pools, two fitness centers, private party rooms, in-home laundry, on-site beauty
salon, on-site banking, two performing arts centers
- Housing: One, two, and three-bedroom apartments
- Pricing: One-time entrance fee for guaranteed access to lifetime health care plus a monthly all-inclusive
First Star Premier Residences of Boca Raton – Upscale Boca Raton 55 and Older Community Close to Attractions & Activities
Five Star Premier Residences is located in the heart of Boca Raton within walking distance or a short drive of top
amenities and attractions. Residents enjoy upscale amenities and beautiful surroundings with the best in independent
living, but First Star Premier Residences also offers assisted living if your needs change later.
Enjoy your golden years spent doing the things you love with maintenance, meals, and housekeeping taken care of for you.
Enjoy walks to shopping and dining in Boca Raton with the beach, golfing, and outdoor activities nearby.
Check out their digital brochure here to see the fun awaiting you!
- Address: 22601 Camino Del Mar, Boca Raton, FL 33433
- Website: https://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/
- Phone: (561) 544-6209
- Amenities: Pet friendly, 24-hour concierge, chef-prepared meals, on-site healthcare, housekeeping, Lifestyle360
activities, heated pool, fitness center, library, clubhouse, activity center, fine dining room and casual
bistro, full-service beauty salon and barbershop, daily happy hour
- Housing: One and two bedroom apartments with six floorplans
- Pricing: One-time entry fee plus monthly fee based on floorplan and care level
Whisper Walk – Affordable Gated Active Retirement Community in Boca Raton with Lakes & Amenities
Whisper Walk is one of the most established over 55 retirement villages in Boca Raton and one of the most affordable.
This large gated retirement community covers 300 acres with nine lakes and plenty of open green space.
There are more than 1,400 attached villas in five sections, each with its own clubhouse and Olympic-sized pool. Each
section maintains its property with Whisper Walk Inc maintaining common areas for the entire development.
Enjoy maintenance-free living in a single-level home that has the feel of a single-family home. Whisper Walk is popular
for retirees who enjoy social activities and active living but prefer serenity and scenery over coordinated activities.
Most people living in Whisper Walk are seasonal residents from the Northeast, particularly New York.
- Address: Whisper Walk, Florida
- Website: https://www.whisperwalkinc.com/
- Phone: (561) 697-4990
- Amenities: Sports center with handball, tennis courts, and basketball; clubhouses, heated swimming pool, hot
tub, saunas, billiard room, library, and fitness center
- Housing: Two and three-bedroom attached villas with garages
- Pricing: $200,000 to $300,000 plus HOA fees
Veranda Club – Boca Raton Senior Adult Community with Resort-Style Pool & Rent Lock Program
Want to stay active, enjoy on-site amenities, and enjoy everything Boca Raton has to offer? Veranda Club is one of the
top over 55 communities in Boca Raton with a relaxed environment and beautiful scenery. The property
offers lakeside paths, a heated resort-style pool and spa, and plenty to do without leaving home.
Veranda Club provides recreational activities plus health and fitness programs. Residents enjoy gourmet meals prepared
daily, concierge services, housekeeping, and transportation. You can see their activities calendar here to see what will be keeping you busy, from shopping trips and sporting
events to live music and lectures – all planned by a dedicated activities director.
- Address: Veranda Club, 6061 Palmetto Cir N, Boca Raton, FL 33433
- Website: https://www.verandaclub.com/
- Phone: (561) 770-8519
- Amenities: Heated pool, scheduled events and activities, transportation, concierge, housekeeping, gourmet meals,
health and fitness programs, lounge, library, landscaped grounds, fitness center, game rooms, and on-site beauty
- Housing: One and two-bedroom apartments
- Pricing: Annual leases with 3-year rent lock
Stratford Court at Boca Pointe – Beautiful CCRC in Boca Raton Packed
Stratford Court at Boca Pointe is an award-winning over 55 community where you can enjoy the freedom and fun of South
Florida without day-to-day worries. You’ll never be bored at Stratford Court with activities planned every day. You can
see the activities calendar here which includes everything from bingo, shopping trips,
and movies to fitness classes, games, and crafts.
If your health care needs ever change, the community offers assisted living, skilled nursing and rehab, and memory care
services. Each resident has an Individualized Care Plan to determine care preferences and needs.
- Address: 6343 Via De Sonrisa Del Sur, Boca Raton, FL 33433
- Website: https://www.sunriseseniorliving.com/
- Phone: (561) 392-5940
- Amenities: Pet friendly, free Wi-Fi, restaurant-style dining, fitness center, heated swimming pool and hot tub,
café, library, lounges, on-site beauty salon, arts and game rooms
- Housing: One and two-bedroom apartments
- Pricing: Annual leases
Best 55+ Communities in Boca Raton Map
Are you ready for first-class retirement living in Boca Raton? If one of these beautiful active retirement communities
seems like a good fit, Meehan’s Family Moving is ready to help. We offer full-service Boca Raton moving to get you
settled into your new life without the stress and hard work.